AV5002 - On-board CNS systems
At the end of this course the student shall be able to describe the cockpit layout, the functions and interfaces of flight guidance systems, and explain the principles of flight parameters estimation for a modern transport aircraft.
At the end of this course, the student shall be able to :
- describe cockpit layout,
- describe functions and interfaces of :
- Instrumentation : PFD, ND
- Flight controls : EFC, AP/FD
- Communication Systems : radio management panel...
- Surveillance systems: weather radar, TCAS, TAWS...
- Aircraft surveillance systems : ECAM
- Overhead systems panel.
- explain the principles of flight parameters estimation :
- Define flight parameters
- Describe their display on instrumentation (PFD, ND)
- Explain the principles of estimation of "air" and inertial sets
- Describe ADIRS : architecture and control panel, precision.
Illustrations on flight simulator :
On cockpit simulator, the student should name interfaces and describe associated functions.
On FMS bench, the student should name interfaces and describe associated functions.
- Lectures : 16
- Labs work : 2
Form of assessment
Total assessment hours: 2
This course is part of the programme
ECTS credits : cf Teaching Unit
Number of hours 20
Christian LE ROUX
Phone : +33 5 62 17 43 94