CS5006 - Verification and Validation - Advanced
At the end of this course, students shall be able to understand and to use some verification and validation techniques based on the definition and the exploitation of models.
- To be able to explain the place of formal methods in the map of system engineering processes: objectives, goals, inputs and outputs.
- To be able to compare formal methods with other verification and validation techniques.
- To be able to understand and explain formal methods based on model simulation ("model checking") and those based on formal proof.
- To know a formal language used for model checking
- To know a formal language used for formal proof
- To know how to model a system and how to perform demonstrations of properties using a model checking based approach
- To know how to model a system and how to perform demonstrations of properties using a formal proof based approach
- Lectures : 14
- Supervised Work : 6
This course is part of the programme
ECTS credits : cf Teaching Unit
Number of hours 20
Phone : +33 5 62 17 45 73